Thursday, August 19, 2021

if a hay bale and a soccer ball....


...it would look like this nest. Last week this pile of stuff blew out of the trees. I picked it up and protected it, and it's contents from a very curious mama kitty. 



After mother nature was done throwing her fit, and branches all over I wedged the nest into a forked branch in one of the Norway Spuce trees in the front yard. And, unconvinced it would stay in place I used a piece of twine to tie the branches together for more  stability.
I checked on the babies every morning,  but other than that I left them alone, so I didn't scare off the parents or garner the attention of the cats. I took one video, but really no pictures. The babies feathered out, I saw evidence of parents visiting. And now they are gone. 

No comments: